For perfect technical functionality it is advisable to close all other video conference tools before entering an online meeting!
#Our matchmaking will be completely virtual! Weird?! Maybe a bit, but by now, we believe, most of us have become used to video calls and conferences and it will work with people we don't know yet.
If you want to find out more about the technical side of the matchmaking, follow this link.
More important, however, is the quality of your profile, if you want to meet to the right partners. Here's how you maximise the impact of your matchmaking profile!
To make clear who you are, log into your profile, select "Edit profile"
- your position in value chain
- your core technology and
- the application field of your product/service.
After that, add a meaningful cooperation request or offer. This will be published on the marketplace and helps others to find you -- and you to find others.
All participants will be able to view your profile in our marketplace. A meaningful profile will generate way more expression of interests for bilateral talks.
B2B Meetings & Video Calls - How does it work?
A matchmaking or networking event is a quick and easy way to meet potential cooperation partners in face-2-face talks. 15-20 minutes run fast but it is enough to build first connections before the bell rings and the next talk starts.
1) Online registration
- Register via the green button "Register now"
- Add contact and organisation details as requested
- Compose your personal event schedule by adding presentations and workshops of your choice
- Those who are interested to manage 1:1 meetings MUST select at least one networking session
Interested in establishing new business contacts through 1:1 meetings? Please read more below.
2) Make yourself visible through an outstanding business profile
Take advantage of the opportunity and introduce your company by publishing a clear profile. The more detail like company background, business offers and interests you provide, the more you will benefit from the conference matchmaking tool. Your co-operation profile is your online business card.
- Explain the product/project/technology/expertise you are offering or looking for
- Specify the type of partner you are looking for
- Published profiles will be extensively promoted by the organizers of the event
- High-quality profiles are visited 50 to 100 times before, during and even after the event
- A meaningful profile will generate significantly more meeting requests
3) How to manage bilateral meetings?
The booking of meetings opens a few weeks before the event or after a certain number of participants have registered. You will be notified by an e-mail alert once booking has opened.
- Browse the list of attendees or check the marketplace profiles
- Use the optional filters to easily find the ones aligned with your goals
- Send meeting requests to those companies/persons you want to meet
- Adding a short reason why you are interested in a meeting will increase the acceptance
- Usually meeting requests must be confirmed by the recipients to be scheduled
- Typically, date and time of a meeting is scheduled by the person accepting the meeting request considering the mutual availability.
- Check every incoming meeting request and accept or refuse if not appropriate. It is a matter of politeness to let the requester know if you are interested in a meeting or not.
SOME PARTICIPANTS CAN’T BE BOOKED. WHY?
Participants available for meeting requests are indicated by a green button “Available”, otherwise:
- You may not have registered for 1:1 meetings
please make yourself available for 1:1 networking session via Agenda / Event Agenda (or “My Attendance” for events still using an old version)
- Booking rules applied by the event organizer doesn’t allow to book specific groups
e.g. No meetings among Sellers & Sellers; Start-ups can’t send meetings requests to Investors
- No common overlapping networking sessions
Please sign-up for some further networking session via Agenda / Event Agenda
5) Short before and during the event
SHORT BEFORE THE EVENT
- You can view date/time of your meetings via the Menu “Meetings” at any time
- Check all your pending meeting requests and consider accepting or decline
- Download the "b2match" Mobile App (iOS/Android) to
* get access to your meeting schedule on your mobile phone
* be informed about last-minute changes (bookings, cancellations)
* manage additional meetings during the event (send/receive/confirm requests)
DURING THE EVENT
- Check again the latest version of your meeting schedule through the platform. Due to last minute changes it might have changed slightly.
- RESPECT the other participants' time and show up to all your meetings.
- If an unforeseen circumstance arises and you will not attend a meeting, please cancel your meetings through the platform. This way, the other participant will be notified.
1:1 MEETINGS VIA VIDEO CALLS | ADVICE & FAQ
BEFORE THE EVENT - TECHNICAL PREPARATIONS
- Use a desktop computer or laptop where both Webcam and Microphone is installed
* Check your audio quality, using headphones is highly advised
* Use a good webcam to improve the image quality
- Video call meetings can NOT be managed via the b2match Mobile App
- Check your time-zone
Log-in and select "Edit my profile" to check your current time zone selection. If this is not the time zone you are located during the meetings please change accordingly.
- Use Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome or Opera browser prferably, there might be issues with the Internet Explorer.
- To make sure that everything is set correctly, please go to your "Meetings" and click on the green camera button "Meeting starts in ..." - this will open the video call feature of your browser. You should be able to see yourself!
DURING THE ONLINE EVENT
- Access the web platform and be online at least 5-10 minutes before your meetings start.
- RESPECT the other participants' time and show up to all your meetings.
- Close your Video Call meeting timely.
Please leave the call in time as you or your meeting partner can have a subsequent meeting right after. A watch is indicating the remaing meeting time.
- If an unforeseen circumstance arises and you will not attend a meeting, please cancel your meetings through the platform. This way,the other participant will be notified.
How do I join a scheduled meeting?
- You can access your meeting schedule via Menu "Meetings" in the top right corner.
- Click the green button "Start meeting" next to your meetings to join the 1:1 meeting Video Call
What options do I have if the meeting partner does not show up timely?
- Quick reminder to join the Video Call
Send a message (or phone call) and alert your meeting partner to join the missed Video call.
This should work well if enough time is left over (e.g. 15+ min) for this scheduled meeting.
- Re-schedule the meeting
In case your meeting partner doesn’t reacts immediately on a reminder as indicated above you should re-schedule and postpone the meeting by 1-2 hours.
- If a meeting can not be managed at the event date itself please use the chat messaging system (open the meeting partners profile) to schedule a phone call or meeting outside this platform
What if my camera or microphone does not work?
- Please check that you Brower don't blocks the usage of your camera/microphone due to security reasons.
Check by having a video call with some of your colleagues in another tool (Google Meet, Zoom, ...)
- Depending on your Browser settings you may be asked to confirm the activation of the Camera/Microphone through a pop-up dialog form.
- How to enable the use of microphone/camera in your Browser?
* Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/2693767
* Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-manage-your-camera-and-microphone-permissions
* Opera: https://help.opera.com/en/late... none of the above works, consider switching to another device to join the meetings.